Note for all OS’s: If you have an issue with printing e.g. the document seems to send but is not available to be released at the MFP, try putting ads\ before your NTU username.
- Ensure your Mac is fully up to date. Clicking the Apple menu, then "About this Mac"
- If you need to update, or are not sure, go back to the Apple Menu and choose Software Update, then install all available updates. Repeat this process until there are no remaining updates to be installed.
- Download and install the HP Drivers. The HP Drivers can be downloaded from here
- Open System Preferences and click on Print & Scan
- Select Advanced then specify the following printer settings
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- Device: Another Device
- URL: The URL entry is formatted like this:
For the City Colour Queue enter the URL smb://mercedes.ads.ntu.ac.uk:139/city-colour-mfps
For the Clifton Mono Queue enter the URL smb://porsche.ads.ntu.ac.uk:139/clifton-mono-mfps
For the Clifton Colour Queue enter the URL smb://porsche.ads.ntu.ac.uk:139/clifton-colour-mfps
For the Brackenhurst Mono Queue enter the URL smb://porsche.ads.ntu.ac.uk:139/brackenhurst-mono-mfps
For the Brackenhurst Colour Queue enter the URL smb://porsche.ads.ntu.ac.uk:139/brakenhurst-colour-mfps
- Name: any suitable name e.g. NTU-City-Colour (Use only letters, numbers and hyphens, do not use spaces). Remember or write down what you type in this box - you will need it in a minute.
- Location (optional): the physical location of the printer, e.g. "First floor library"
- For the Colour MFP's select Use: Select Software...
- When prompted select HP Colour LaserJet MFP M880 and OK
- For Black and White MFP's select Use:Generic Post Script
- Select the Add button to save this printer. If prompted, select Duplexing
- When you print, you will be asked to enter your NTU username and password. Note: You may need to have admin rights on your Mac for this to work.