- Click on the network connections symbol in the Task Bar
- The eduroam network should be in the list of networks.
- Click on connect. You will be prompted to enter your username and password. Your username will be email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for a student or email@example.com for a member of staff, and your password is the same as the one you use for your NTU account.
- Click OK. You should get the following screen
- Click on Connect. You should now be connected to the network
While this method will connect you successfully, we do recommend that you alter the certificate settings, you can do this by right clicking on the eduroam and selecting connection properties. The following window should appear, click on the Security tab
- Click on the Settings button beside the network authentication method. This should take you to the following screen
- Under “connect to these servers…” enter eduroam.ntu.ac.uk.
- Check the GlobalSign Root CA box in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities section.
- Once you have made these changes click OK. Then click OK again in the other window. This will change the network’s settings to the recommended settings.
You may need to re-enter your username and password after doing this, and you will then be connected to the network.